Our helplines are often buzzing with our new entrepreneurs’ burning questions surrounding the company registration process. We love people calling in or sending emails.

Calling in isn’t for everybody, so we thought it would be a good idea to share answers to our most popular questions on a monthly basis.

See our other helpline articles here.

Can you advise on the progress of my order?

We can always advise on the progress of your order. Don’t hesitate to contact us.

How do I issue shares to a new person?

To issue new shares to a new person

  1. Person B applies to the Company for [X] number of shares at £[Y] each
  2. The directors approve the issue but it is usually the case that allotments are restricted to non-shareholders to protect the existing shareholders from dilution of ownership. The existing shareholders either provide a written waiver of their ‘pre-emption rights’, or pass a Special Resolution to disapply pre-emption rights for the purpose of the allotment.
  3. Form SH01 is filed with Companies House
  4. A new share certificate is issued to the new shareholder.


At Quick we’re always happy to help. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us by email or phone. Alternatively, visit our FAQs and Guides.

Telephone: 0844 376 3333

Email: enquiries@quickformations.com